The Community Association for West Hampstead (CAWH) is a dynamic local organisation devoted to West Hampstead. We run the West Hampstead Community Centre and provide a range of educational, fun and exciting activities from art, sport and dance classes to social groups. The aim of the Association is to improve the lives of people living and working in West Hampstead, including children and young people, adults and older people.
CAWH draws on the resources of local residents and organisations, working in partnership to develop voluntary activity in the community. We are committed to building a thriving and vigorous range of services for the community.
We welcome all local residents to take part in our activities.
The services provided by CAWH include:
- Social and leisure activities at the Community Centre including classes provided by the community for the community; Film Club, Art Classes in Oil and Watercolour, Drawing and Qi Gong
- Keeping Active Together, our Older People’s Project, offers activities, information and support to promote good health, independence and involvement in the community
- Hall Hire for classes and events
- Educational classes, Creative Photography, Health & Wellbeing
- Holiday workshop programs for Children and Young People at our Community Centre
- After school clubs at Beckford Primary School
- Activities at the Emmanuel Church
How you can help
If you are interested in volunteering or joining the Board of Trustees, we shall be pleased to hear from you. Please call us on 020 7794 3729, contact us through e-mail or visit us.
CAWH was a chosen charity of the Co-op Fund until October 2018
Marks & Spencer West Hampstead Charity of the Year 2016-17